Objectives and Overview of the Program
The Tokyo Metropolitan Government (TMG) is endeavoring to create a Tokyo where anyone can live with peace of mind, hope, and vigor, where growth is continually generated, and which shines on the global stage as a driver behind Japan’s growth, and hence, has set out to create three cities in one: the “Smart City”, the “Safe City”, and the “Diverse City”.
Since FY2017, the “Accelerator Program – Tech Business Camp Tokyo” (“the program”) has been held by TMG with the goal of inviting foreign startups with cutting-edge technologies and business models to come to Tokyo and deepen their knowledge of both Japan’s unique market and the various needs of companies in Japan. Further, by providing Japanese companies the opportunity to familiarize themselves with foreign startup technologies, the program aims to cultivate business matching and attract foreign companies to Tokyo.
In the last 2 years, applications were received from 134 companies across 26 countries and regions. Through a rigorous review process, a total of 21 companies were selected for the program. This year, TMG will take the next step in achieving its three cities vision by continuing to spur participation by first-rate foreign companies.
Advantages of Participating in the Program
- Opportunities to meet with leading Tokyo companies.
- Increase in potential business opportunities with around 100 Tokyo companies from all industries attending the pitch event and two networking events.
- Support from TMG with public relations activities in Japan.
- Free office space with great access provided for the duration of the program.
- Support with translation and interpretation, meeting arrangements, appointment scheduling, meeting facilitation, and more!